Wednesday 11 March 2015

TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

A very special occasion for me last Saturday to hear my Lazarus Requiem in Durham Cathedral.

The Durham University Choral Society, Durham University Orchestral Society and Chamber Choir and the Durham alumni soloists (Tenor: Hugo Hymas, Soprano: Charlotte La Thrope, Mezzo: Milly Harris, Bass: James Quitmann)  were amazing.  The musicianship of everyone involved left me speechless!


Being stood in the same spot to give my pre-concert talk as I was over thirty years ago as conductor of the same forces was a very special moment.  
A big thanks to everyone involved in making it happen especially Harry Castle (conductor) and Jessica Lawrence (organiser extraordinaire!).


Here's a video of me reminiscing on Palace Green outside the cathedral ahead of the concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment