Friday 23 October 2009

Standing Ovation in Douai Abbey


The world premiere of Song of Songs in Douai Abbey was a huge success. The Cecilia Consort sang with real professionalism and it was wonderful for me to work once again with Patrick Craig and Tim Bennett, both of whom sang on the original recording of Blue in Blue. To hear my great friend Jan Coxwell sing the soprano solo in Song of Songs, though, was the highlight of the evening. She effortlessly managed the top C's and D's and gave real passion to her interpretation of my brother's words. The standing ovation and electric atmosphere made this an occasion I will never forget. I sincerely thank the audience for their warm response as well as all those who performed and were involved with the event's organisation.

Here I am pictured with Jan rehearsing Song of Songs. Many thanks to Harry Cruickshank for the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment