Monday 8 June 2009

New CD Recording Session

The recording of some tracks for my new CD took place on Thursday 4th June as outlined in my last blog. It was all a great success - and great fun too! We started with the new piece for the sensational Raven String Quartet who then went on to accompany Elin Manahan Thomas in one of my song settings. Claire Jones brought her beautiful gold harp and also accompanied Elin in a song before recording her brand new piece 'How Hill'. Julian Lloyd Webber arrived in the afternoon and joined forces with Claire for a new transcription of 'Reflexionem', and then I really enjoyed accompanying Julian in the cello and piano piece 'Gloriette'. I finished off the day by playing my three new Broadland Piano Preludes. Like 'How Hill', these are all inspired by the area of Norfolk where I now live.

Alex Van Ingen was producer again and as professional as ever - and, throughout, my manager Paul Wing was at my side, helping to keep me sane. I am very grateful to all who took part - and also to my niece Hannah who helped things to run smoothly in her role as agent to Elin and The Raven Quartet. On this occasion, I managed to get some great photos. I will be posting these on this part of my website in a day or so's time - so do come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment