Monday 11 May 2009

Toccata Premiere

The premiere of my organ toccata took place on Sunday (May 10th).  The occasion was the LONDON FESTIVAL OF CONTEMPORARY CHURCH MUSIC at Westminster Cathedral. Roger Sayer, who plays the Toccata on my new CD, played and this was the official world premiere! Unfortunately, I couldn't attend but I'd love to hear from anyone who was there. Please tell us all what you thought about it by commenting on this blog.

I am busy now preparing for the recording of my October release THE ESSENTIAL PATRICK HAWES. We record in early June.  Julian Lloyd Webber, Elin Manahan Thomas and the wonderful royal harpist Claire Jones are all contributing.  Julian is playing a new version of Reflexionem with Claire on the harp. Elin is recording a song with me at the piano and another with Claire, and I am recording a set of new piano pieces. And all this in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment