Tuesday 31 January 2012

Recording Lazarus Requiem in Exeter Cathedral

The recording of the Lazarus Requiem reaches its climax tonight and tomorrow night when we overdub the choirs in Exeter Cathedral. I rehearsed the Exeter Philharmonic Choir last night and they are raring to go! It was great to have the tenors and basses bolstered by the cathedral lay clerks - what a great bunch of guys. I have been nothing short of overwhelmed by the kindness, generosity and support of the Philharmonic Choir members. They made me feel at home from the word go, and they have prepared the music with such a sense of commitment. I have every confidence that they are going to deliver everything I had hoped for on this recording.  I must also thank Andrew Millington (the Director of both the Cathedral and Philharmonic Choirs) for handing over the baton and for becoming a good friend of both myself and my music. David Davis (the Assistant Director of Music) will be adding the new organ part later this evening.  He too has been an invaluable support as accompanist through all the rehearsals. What a great player!

No comments:

Post a Comment