Monday 15 February 2010

‘After the Rain’ on A level Dance Syllabus

I have had many enquiries from A level dance students about my piece After the Rain. This piece which features on the album Fair Albion appears on the A level syllabus as one of the choreography questions. For the interest of those who are taking the exam (and other readers of this news page, of course) I wrote After the Rain about five years ago while living in a boathouse on the River Thames at Maidenhead. It was inspired first by the gentle rain falling on the murky water, and then by the feeling of 'freshness' and the beautiful sweet smell once the rain had stopped.

I am delighted that so many young people are finding my music an inspiration for the medium of dance - and I wish you all every success with your A level.

No comments:

Post a Comment